Friday 16 November 2012

Last Day in Montana

  All right... all right.... I've fallen behind of my blogging.  So shoot me.  It is  partially because we lost a camera, had my laptop crash, and had our main PC crash all within a month of each other.  

    Now, with a new camera, and our computer up and running again, I'm ready to catch everyone up on our wild and exciting lives.

     First, the end of the summer trip. One of my favoirite days was the last day we spent in Montana.
Even though we lived in Montana for years, I had never hiked to the legendary Morrell Falls, near Seely Lake.    The hike is is over 2 miles.  Sylvia was a good trooper. The falls themseleves are about 90 feet, and with REALLY cold water.


 The kids had fun cooling their feet off in pools of water at the base of the falls after we had arrived.


The falls were loud, and beautiful.


 Greydon, our cousin, was always ready for a laugh.

    My favorite part of the day though, was after we hiked back and drove home to Missoula.  We rented SUPs  (Stand Up Paddle Boards) from a shop in town and headed out to Frenchtown Pond.     The water here was warmer, peaceful, and shallow enough for the kids to play in without me being worried.

    I had a blast paddling around the pond on my board. Asher and Mattias gave Sylvia rides on the other board, kayak style.  It is a fun sport. I'd definately like to try it again.

    When we got back to the grandparents house, we ate and packed up for an early exit the next day.  It had been a great adventure.

No comments: