Sunday 29 March 2020

Sept scout camp (Highland Games) with Sylvia



   The scout troop went to Yellowstone Lake State Park for their Sept camp. I decided it was close enough to drive along and join them.  It was a lot of fun getting to know the kids. 


They made their own blow darts.


Learned how to shoot them from the scoutmaster, Mr. Miller.


Sylvia did great!  She was close to the top winners. (I was pathetic!)


Caber toss was fun!  They tried seeing how far they could flip logs.


I tried it, and hammed it up, with lots of grunts and yells... getting lots of laughs, and totally embarrassing Sylvia.


The tug of war was muddy, slippery, exciting mess.


Learning about nature while dinner cooked..


My face-painted girl.  I loved getting to know her friends and seeing them try new things.  It was a great weekend, despite all the rain!




No comments: