Friday 10 April 2015

Spring Break: Heading East - Easter in Rexburg.

  After unpacking our bags and showering all the hiking trail dust off at Daniel and Kaydee's house... we went to my mom's for the grand Easter Egg Hunt.  This was Ephraim's first time dealing with Easter eggs, and he wasn't sure what to do at first.


He did let grandma hold him for a few minutes.  We will have to stay longer for him to really get to know her another time.


 Dave and Daniel both brought their kids to grandma's for the fun. It was more for the little kids. We will have to have an Extreme-Egg hunt next year for the older kids.  We could put eggs on top of cliffs.


 Here is Sylvia showing off her loot with Grandma.  both, lovers of pink.


After the egg hunt, Mom had a delicious ham dinner for everyone.  It was amazing they can fit over 20 people at their place.


In the evening the boys all went to church.  There are some handsome looking guys in this bunch.


The mom's and grandma all stayed home, to clean up after dinner and keep track of the kids.  There was a rodeo going on across the street at the fairgrounds, so we went to check it out.  It was so fun!  I loved stepping into a rodeo areana, with all the sounds and smells.  I just wanted to skip for joy.

 Ephraim sat entranced on my lap while we watched the horses zip by.  It was one of my highlights of the trip!  Afterwards, Joel and Syliva scootered until dark. I think Grandma should get a couple of new scooters so Joel, Spencer and Sylvia can all have races at the same time.


     Before everyone left to go to their own homes, my mom was trying to co-ordinate the next get together. (This was a really funny moment for me.  ) Mom wanted Daniel and Dave to bring their kids to a spring kids/family fair.  She had on her busy-bossy-instrution-teacher voice and was telling them the dates.  It was funny because my brothers are both big tall boys, but they were looking down on my mom with total attention as she bossed them about. It was such a funny sight to see these  two giants looking down with all seriousness at my mom.

   
      I laughed and explained why it looked so funny.   I had them turn and got a shot of my mom and her two boys.   I know I have  a lot of the same bossy-let's-do-this tendencies that my mom has.  The kids used to call it "the marchy voice"  because it got everyone marching. I love her for it, it is a great trait to have inherited!   Still,  I wonder if I will look like this among my boys in another 20 years.


We left with hugs and kisses all around.  I about cried when we left little Colter.  He will most likely be all grown up and throwing rocks with the big cousins the next time we see him.  He is such a sweetie.


Ephraim gae him a sweet kiss.  He will miss "his baby".


Then we were off... only 3 more days until home.   This is what the car looked like most of the time.


I am so glad we got to spend Easter with my family.  I think my parents are wonderful for all the work  they put into oraganizing activiies for the kids. When grandkids go to their house, they know that they are what matters.

No comments: