Tuesday 10 September 2013

Grandma and Grandpa Chiddix's Visit

    It was a treat to have my parents come and visit for a week this month.  They came mainly for Ephraim's baby-blessing, but got in lots of other activities as well.

  Grandma and Grandpa went straight from the airport to a Boy Scout Court of Honor.  I got a picture of my dad talking with Asher before the meeting started, trying to encourage him to stop being a slacker and get going on an Eagle Project.

  I'm sure Asher will remember this pep talk for the rest of his life.  :)


 My dad tried to give Ephraim a scout pep talk, but he just wanted to cuddle.  Ephraim is grandchild number 24 for my parents. 

 My mom taught Sylvia and Asher how to play an indian game where they toss sticks into a circle and try to win all the sticks.  Even though she is a retired teacher, she still loves sharing her knowledge.


Ephraim loved laughing and smiling at my mom.  It was adorable.


 I love watching people's faces as they get smiled at by babies.  Their faces reflect that pure joy.


We also had a good time at the zoo.  Sylvia loved trying to get pictures of the animals.  I think she took a pretty good one of the giraffe.
 

Luckily there were benches in the shade for us old folks.


Sylvia and Grandma made cute animals themselves.


Grandpa often entertained Sylvia with some of his books on his kindle.


    We all have good memories of their visit.  The older kids appreciated a mega school-clothes shopping spree, funded by the grandparents.  Sylvia enjoyed eating lots of ice-cream, cheese, and fudge together.  I enjoyed listening to my dad tell stories of the "olden days" when he rode a trike around his dirt yard pretending it was a tractor.  We are glad they made the trek east! 

No comments: