Friday 16 July 2010

Sylvia's first Fair

This year we let the kids get wrist bands for the local fair. I realized that Sylvia had never been to a fair, and it was time to do something about it. We remembered back to when I would take the other kids every year to the Missoula fair, and what a wild time that was, so we introduced Sylvia to the carnival rides.



Within one hour, she had re-couped the price of her wristband with 10 straight rides on the carousel. She had to keep trying out different horses! The older kids went together to ride the crazier rides, while I rode carousel ponies with Sylv. After 10 rides, I steered her away to other options (little motorcycles and buzzing bees). But, by the end of the day, we had ridden the carousel 25 times. My stomach was feeling a little loopy the next day.. but that was probably from the upside down rides I went on with Noel. :)

1 comment:

Brad and Liz said...

What a great picture of Sylvie! She is so photogenic, and obviously really enjoyed this trip to the fair.